OKTA User Guide
How to configure Single Sign On (OIDC) with Okta
Before you are able to use Okta to access Rolebot through Single Sign On (SSO), there are a few steps that your business’ Okta admin needs to take. Keep reading to learn more.
Before configuring Single Sign On with Okta, you need a Rolebot account. To sign up for an account with Rolebot contact email@example.com.
The Okta/Rolebot OIDC integration currently supports the following features:
Identity Provider (IdP)-Initiated SSO
Step-by-step configuration guide
1. Sign in to Okta and go to the Applications tab. Click "Browse App Catalog" in the top left.
2. Search for Rolebot and select the application.
3. Select “Add”
4. In Rolebot, click on “Integrations” at the bottom of your Rolebot Dashboard.
You will see all the available integrations displayed. Go to the Okta option and select “Set up”
This should open a new section with more information on Okta; support links and three fields to enter the “Client ID”, “Client Secret” and “Okta Domain”.
5. In Okta, under the “Sign On” tab of the Rolebot app, you will find the “Client ID” and the “Client Secret”. Copy each value and paste it in Rolebot.
6. Then, click on your User Profile at the top right corner of the screen, and copy the "Okta Domain'' (located under your email). Copy the value and paste it in Rolebot.
7. Once you have pasted each value to Rolebot, click “Connect Okta”. Once you’ve connected to Okta, you will be able to sign in to Rolebot via Okta.
You can also force Non-Admin users to use Okta for sign in purposes by clicking in the checkbox “Force Okta Sign in for Non-Admins”